Titan RO (alpha)
Sign in to follow this  
Trojal

Server Plans (pre-alpha)

Currently the server is in a pre-alpha phase, meaning everything and anything may change. :meow:

Pre-alpha will continue for at least another 2 weeks, and may continue longer depending on the level of community interest. 

Some of the ideas I have for the server are:

• 3x or 5x experience rates
  • To try to increase active parties, significantly increased party share experience, but experience shared only for people on screen of the dying monster.
  • Increased party size (12 -> 24) and guild size (56 -> 76)
  • Pre-renewal mechanics (or some hybrid like restart servers)
  • Progressive release of classes (no trans available to start) -- maybe progressive release of content/areas.
  • GepardShield anticheat to block botting, WPE, nodelay.
  • Rotating map, monster, and dungeon of the week with increased spawn rate, experience, and drop rates for the map, dungeon floors, or particular monster.

Edit: added the following:

• 3x hunger rate for homunculus to discourage AFK leveling, and to get active players to Loyal faster.
  • I plan to use custom maps for a main town/vending area.
  • I would be interested in adapting something like Eden Group for pre-renewal, but it might be a lot of work to adjust the rewards/levels.
  • I plan to slowly introduce end-game instances and memorial dungeons, such as Old Glast Heim, Infinite Space, or Sarah and Fenrir. Something like one per few weeks, to ensure that they're working correctly, and to help maintain interest in them as they release.
  • Probably have 1 hour for WoE instead of 2 hours, and not sure about which day of the week/times yet.

Also for what it's worth, I will be traveling until Feb 18th, so there will not be changes to the server in the meantime, but I welcome and would appreciate discussions about these ideas.

This all sounds great! Some comments / additional questions:

• 3x/5x experience rates sound good to me. Would the EXP required for each level mimic Classic, Renewal or Re:start?
  • I like having increased party share experience, and limiting it to experience shared only for people on the screen of the dying monster. Though people would still be able to leech their characters via auto-follow, it would make it more difficult, AND so would hopefully encourage more just straight up partying.
  • Increased party size and guild size also seems nice.
  • If / when we have Doram (and even 3rd classes), since those classes were created after Renewal, I wonder if you'd need to do some heavy modding to make them not too OP or something if going with pre-renewal mechanics. I think, for me, the biggest headache with renewal mechanics is the whole cast time change, which restart removed. So some kind of hybrid would make sense to me, though if you could figure out how to re-balance Doram and third classes for pre-renewal, maybe that would work as well!
  • YES! Progressive release of classes AND progressive release of content / areas makes sense to me. I think it's one way to keep people engaged, as there is excitement around releasing of new classes and areas (as we've seen in Restart). You would just have to balance this with in-game / end-game content for those who reach 99 and then are bored or whatever.
  • Anticheat FTW!
  • Monster / map / dungeon highlighting with increased spawn rate, experience, and drop rates is awesome, as I feel like it would encourage party play more.

Anyway just my thoughts. Have fun traveling!

On 2/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, Trojal said:

Currently the server is in a pre-alpha phase, meaning everything and anything may change. :meow:

Pre-alpha will continue for at least another 2 weeks, and may continue longer depending on the level of community interest. 

Some of the ideas I have for the server are:

• 3x or 5x experience rates
  • To try to increase active parties, significantly increased party share experience, but experience shared only for people on screen of the dying monster.
  • Increased party size (12 -> 24) and guild size (56 -> 76)
  • Pre-renewal mechanics (or some hybrid like restart servers)
  • Progressive release of classes (no trans available to start) -- maybe progressive release of content/areas.
  • GepardShield anticheat to block botting, WPE, nodelay.
  • Rotating map, monster, and dungeon of the week with increased spawn rate, experience, and drop rates for the map, dungeon floors, or particular monster.

Edit: added the following:

• 3x hunger rate for homunculus to discourage AFK leveling, and to get active players to Loyal faster.
  • I plan to use custom maps for a main town/vending area.
  • I would be interested in adapting something like Eden Group for pre-renewal, but it might be a lot of work to adjust the rewards/levels.
  • I plan to slowly introduce end-game instances and memorial dungeons, such as Old Glast Heim, Infinite Space, or Sarah and Fenrir. Something like one per few weeks, to ensure that they're working correctly, and to help maintain interest in them as they release.
  • Probably have 1 hour for WoE instead of 2 hours, and not sure about which day of the week/times yet.

On 2/9/2018 at 8:33 AM, njosefbeck said:

This all sounds great! Some comments / additional questions:

• 3x/5x experience rates sound good to me. Would the EXP required for each level mimic Classic, Renewal or Re:start?
  • I like having increased party share experience, and limiting it to experience shared only for people on the screen of the dying monster. Though people would still be able to leech their characters via auto-follow, it would make it more difficult, AND so would hopefully encourage more just straight up partying.
  • Increased party size and guild size also seems nice.
  • If / when we have Doram (and even 3rd classes), since those classes were created after Renewal, I wonder if you'd need to do some heavy modding to make them not too OP or something if going with pre-renewal mechanics. I think, for me, the biggest headache with renewal mechanics is the whole cast time change, which restart removed. So some kind of hybrid would make sense to me, though if you could figure out how to re-balance Doram and third classes for pre-renewal, maybe that would work as well!
  • YES! Progressive release of classes AND progressive release of content / areas makes sense to me. I think it's one way to keep people engaged, as there is excitement around releasing of new classes and areas (as we've seen in Restart). You would just have to balance this with in-game / end-game content for those who reach 99 and then are bored or whatever.
  • Anticheat FTW!
  • Monster / map / dungeon highlighting with increased spawn rate, experience, and drop rates is awesome, as I feel like it would encourage party play more.

Anyway just my thoughts. Have fun traveling!

The only issue I see so far is the party share stuck to screen.  I mean, let's face it, if people are going to leech themselves they are going to do it with the auto follow method anyway.  This just hurts anyone who wants to split up in Orc Dungeon or something.  On another note I feel like it's not a deal breaker for those who disagree with alt leveling via afk'ing but it is a deal breaker for other people who don't have the time and whatnot.   Food for thought.

• Thanks 1